Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Easy English Expression 0033: I'm broke.

Good morning, everybody. How are you today? Are you happy? I hope so. For me, I'm broke. I'm not happy. But Coach Shane's E-cubed lesson make me feel better. Let's enjoy it!
I'm broke = Tôi cháy túi rồi/ Tôi hết tiền rồi
Mời bạn lắng nghe giải thích của Coach Shane sau đây:

Transcript:
Hello everybody. Welcome back to E-cubed. Today we have a very sad expression. Many times I use this expression. I’m broke. I’m broke. I’m broke. But I’m happy. Yes. I’m broke, but I’m happy. I have you. You guys fulfill, really, it’s true, you guys fulfill me. I’m broke but I’m happy. I am broke. B-R-O-K-E. That doesn’t mean my arm is broke. No no no. It means I have no money. No money, no dinero (Spanish), no [??], no greenback. I want to think of foreign currencies. No euro, no marks, no vera, no peso, no pounds, no centavos, no rubles, no yuan, no yen, no baht. What else? What other kinds of currency are there? I know I’m missing other currencies. I have no money. I’m broke. I’m broke. I’m sorry. I’m broke. I’m broke. That’s it. Listen to the conversation.
Let’s go eat luch.
‘kay. Burgers?
Nah, I want something healthy.
Healthy? Healthy means expensive. I can’t. I’m broke.
Why is that? Why is natural food more expensive than chemically produced fertilizer foods. Why is that? Why is organic normal healthy food more expensive? Why is eating healthy more expensive than eating at McDonalds? What the heck? I’m broke. I’ll see you tomorrow.
Nội dung bài học:
Câu nói “I’m broke” được dùng khi bạn không có tiền trong người hoặc còn rất là ít tiền. Ví dụ:
-      Let’s go eat luch.
-      ‘kay. Burgers?
-      Nah, I want something healthy.
-      Healthy? Healthy means expensive. I can’t. I’m broke.

-      Chúng ta đi ăn trưa đi.
-      Ừ. Ăn bánh mì kẹp nhé?
-      Không đâu, tôi muốn ăn gì đó tốt cho sức khỏe cơ.
-      Tốt cho sức khỏe à? Tốt cho sức khỏe có nghĩa là đắt tiền. Tớ không thể. Tớ cháy túi rồi.