Thursday, April 9, 2015

E-cubed 737: be taken for a ride



Today's E-cubed: taken for a ride: được đi nhờ xe của ai đó hoặc bị ai đó lừa gạt

Back already?
Yeah~
Did you enjoy the Skywalk?
No! I think I was taken for a ride!
How long was it?
25 bucks for 5 minutes! No cameras~ 

Giải thích: 
What does it mean? 
- to take someone for a ride
- to be taken for a ride
- They took me for a ride. 
Is it a good expression or a bad expression?

If somebody is driving and they give you a ride to work or to school or down the road, that's a nice expression. 

But, this can also be a really bad expression. You took me for a ride. That means you deceive me. You use me. Probably you took my money, at least you took my time. You make me believe in you. But you deceive me. So, to be taken for a ride is not a good thing.

That's it! Have a good time, everyone.